Sunday 14 September 2014

Whatthefuck Cake

Get to Eenie's for a family get together.
Mare: Oh my God! Just WAIT til you see what's for dessert!
Me: Why what's for dessert?

I feel no sense of suspense. Eenie's house is like heaven if heaven is a big kitchen filled with home baked sweets, which of COURSE heaven is because it's HEAVEN. Anywho, it's nothing unusual for there to be a delicious sweet treat waiting for us at Eenie's so I'm kinda like yeah ok whatevs.

Mare: it's a Cher-umple!
Me: It's a what?
Mare: Cher-ber-umple
Me: Chrumple?
Mare: Frumple
Me: ok sure

So we visit, we eat (I mentioned this place is heaven right?) and then it's dessert time. Out comes this....this...THING. I shit you not it's about 12 inches tall, round like a cake and covered in cream coloured icing. So some sort of gigantic cake? Yes......and also no. It's more like "cake...S" because it's 3 cakes. But that's not all. It's also pie. Except it's not pie it's "pie....S" because it's 3 pies.

Let me try to explain this to you...

There are 3 layers. Each layer is a different kind of cake. With a PIE baked INSIDE the cake. Just let that sink in. The bottom is white cake with an apple pie inside. The middle is spice cake with a pumpkin pie baked inside. The top is chocolate cake with a cherry pie baked inside. It's like the ter-duck-en of desserts. The whole thing is glued together with cream cheese icing. It looks like this...



I pinch myself. I silently mouth "WHAT THE FUCK!"

Heaven. Eenie's house is heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment