Sunday 2 November 2014

This is the only thing on the Internet that is not about Jian Ghomeshi

This post is not about Jian. Just so we're clear.

So the Pineau kids are over for a sleepover. What I always find interesting when these kids are together is how different they are from each other. Physically, personality...everything.

Take Gavin and Carter. Gavin is tall but he's slight. He doesn't even weigh 50 pounds and he is a few weeks shy of his seventh birthday. He's all arms and legs and knobby knees and freckled cheeks. Like a little boy. Carter, who is younger, could pass for nine. Easily. He's a big kid. Not like, overweight big, like SOLID. When I pulled his PJs out of his bag and held them up they went from my neck to my feet. They'd fit ME! He's SIX. His hands are big and his feet are big and he can probably bench, like 125. But he's a little kid. And he behaves like a little kid but when you look at him you expect him to be more independent or mature or something. Gavin more looks the part.

The girls are really different from each other too. Summer is tall and blond. Farrah is petite and dark. They don't look the same age either, in my opinion, but in this case Summer looks older. I think it has more to do with their personalities than their appearance though. Summer is serious and prim. Farrah is snuggly and giggle-y and just so stinkin' CUTE. Summer is cute but would not liked to be told so. She would say "Puppies and babies are cute" and give you an indignant stare. Summer's a bit of a know it all. She's bossy and competitive and particular. Farrah is just easy. She's always happy and bubbly and just goes along with whatever Summer is doing. And every now and then she takes a break and comes over just to give you a hug. no reason. Just time for a hug. You have to make an appointment to hug Summer.

I also find it interesting with the boys that their influence on each other increases the badness exponentially. It doesn't double. It's like bad to the power of 10. Like, as I was typing this they flew by me up the stairs carrying swords.

Me: GUYS! Don't run on the stairs!
Boys: THUMP THUMP THUMP
Me: DO NOT MESS UP SUMMER'S ROOM!
Gavin: Let's go mess up Mom and Dad's room instead
ME: NO!
Carter: Meh let's do it anyways

I'm sick of the sound of my own voice. I have set a new record for saying "No! Stop! Cut that out! This is your FINAL warning!"

On a totally unrelated note Mark popped out last night and when he was coming home he texted me to ask if I wanted him to pick up some wine. I said "YES!". He came home with a box of wine, 24 beers, and 8 Bacardi coolers.

No comments:

Post a Comment